Having a Facebook Business Page is no longer just a “nice to have” thing, it’s a necessity for every business – no matter the type and size.
Learning how to create a Facebook Business Page will help you build authority, establish a strong online presence, connect with your target audience, and more.
What’s more, is that you can create a Facebook Business page completely for free, and it’s pretty simple to set up in under 10 minutes!
Since Facebook is constantly updating their features and processes, it’s important that you read this updated Facebook Business Page tutorial.
How to Create a Facebook Business Page?
Let’s get stuck into this step-by-step guide of how you can create a Facebook Business Page in 2022.
Step 1: Log in to Your Facebook Account
Before we go ahead and explain how to create a Facebook Business Page, you’ll first need to sign up or login to your personal Facebook profile.
To do that:
- Head over to facebook.com
- Click ‘Create a new account’ or log in to your existing Facebook account.
- Inside your Facebook account, click on the menu (see screengrab).
- Select ‘Page’.
Once you’ve done that, it’s time to move forward with the next step of this Facebook Business Page tutorial.
Step 2: Enter the Page Information
The next step is to enter in information about your page:
- Below ‘Create a Page’, type in your ‘Page Name’, ‘Category’, and ‘Description’.
- On the right-hand side, you’ll notice the preview of what your Facebook Business Page will look like on both mobile and desktop.
For this Facebook Business Page tutorial, we’re going to create a business page for an example local business called ‘Better Builders NZ’.
Our Facebook Business Page name will be the same as our business name (refer to the screengrab).
- Under ‘Category’, add up to three categories that you think best describes your business type.
For our example, we’ll pick:
- Builder merchants.
- Construction company.
- Enter the required keyword.
- Choose the appropriate option from the drop-down menu.
Easy enough, right?
- The first category you selected will now be displayed below the page name (refer to the preview on your right).
- Below the categories, enter a brief description of your business (about 3-4 lines would be fine).
If you have an existing website:
- Copy and paste the relevant content from the ‘About Us’ page in the description field.
- After adding the description, hit ‘Create Page’.
And your Facebook Business Page has now been created!
Step 3: Add Profile Picture & Cover Photo
Once you’ve created your first Facebook Business Page, you can now add visual elements to it:
- Under ‘Images’ on the left, simply add a profile picture.
This should ideally be your business logo in PNG format (500 × 500 px).
- You can also resize your picture through Facebook if needed.
- Click ‘Add Profile Picture’.
- Upload a logo (if you have one).
If you currently don’t have a logo, check out our tutorial on how to create a logo with Canva!
Canva is one of our favorite online tools where you can create powerful free designs for your business including marketing materials and more.
However, let’s continue with this Facebook Business Page tutorial.
Once you’ve uploaded your profile picture, you can now add a cover photo.
To do so:
- Click ‘Add Cover Photo’ on the menu.
- Locate and upload the required cover photo in the PNG format (315 × 850 px in dimensions).
Again, your cover photo can also be designed using Canva for free!
If you wish to make the most out of Canva, watch this complete Canva tutorial for beginners.
Read more: Canva Free Logo Maker
Step 4: Connect with WhatsApp
- Recheck how your page looks again on desktop and mobile versions.
- When you’re happy with all these details, click on ‘Save’ in the bottom-left corner.
This WhatsApp connection allows you to have swift and one-on-one communication with your visitors via WhatsApp.
However, for this Facebook Business Page tutorial, we’ll exit out of this for now.
If you have WhatsApp for business, we recommend connecting it to your Facebook Business Page.
Read more: How to use WhatsApp for business
Step 5: Unpublish the Page for Edits
Remember that this page is now live for anyone to find!
However, we still need to further optimize our page before it’s ready to be viewed publicly.
Hence, let’s unpublish our Facebook Business Page in this section.
You can unpublish your Facebook Business page by navigating through the following actions:
- Head over to the left-hand side navigation menu.
- Scroll down and select ‘Settings’.
- The first option seen on your right is ‘Page visibility’.
- Click the pencil icon next to ‘Edit’.
- Select ‘Page unpublished’ and click ‘Save changes’.
- Click ‘The Page isn’t finished yet’ and then ‘Next’
- Select ‘Unpublish’ and click ‘Close’
Your page has now been successfully unpublished.
We’ll republish it later on in this Facebook Business Page tutorial after completing the additional settings.
Step 6: Optimize Your Facebook Business Page
See your business name in the upper-left corner above ‘Page Settings’?
Click on it to head back to your Facebook Business Page.
Add a Call-to-Action (CTA) Button
Before we republish our page, we need to optimize it.
To do so, let’s include a CTA button.
Follow the steps below to do this:
- Click ‘Add a Button’ (This is your pages’ CTA or Call-To-Action button).
- Select the appropriate action that your visitors should take when they land on your page.
- Add your phone number and click ‘Save’.
In this Facebook Business Page tutorial, we’ll click ‘Call Now’, as we want our potential customers to call our business.
By using this button, visitors will then be able to call our business.
You can also see the preview, which shows the newly added button.
Create a Username
Adding a username helps your target audience to discover your Facebook Business Page.
Create a username using these steps:
- Click on ‘Create @username’ below the Facebook Business Page name
- Ideally, go for a username that is similar to your business name. Otherwise, it will just confuse the target audience.
If the username hasn’t already been taken, you’ll see a green tick.
However if you don’t see a green tick, you’ll need to use a variation of your business name, which should still resemble your business name.
- Select ‘Create Username’.
- Click ‘Done’.
Congratulations! You now have a username for your Facebook Business Page.
Complete Page Setup
We now need to ensure that the settings are correct.
Can you see the ‘Set your Page up for success’ section?
Under it, you’ll see that there are 13 stages in total.
You should now have completed six stages by now, with ‘Establish your Page’s identity’ being the last stage we’ve explained in this Facebook Business Page tutorial.
Under this, we’ve also completed five actions:
- Create a Page name.
- Choose a category.
- Add a profile picture.
- Add a cover photo.
- Add a description.
Next, you need to provide info and preferences and introduce your page:
- Click ‘Provide info and preferences’.
- Here several other options will appear, such as adding a website.
You’ll also see location info, business hours, messaging preferences (like WhatsApp), and more.
On the other hand, when you select ‘Introduce your Page’, you’ll need to complete the following two steps:
- Invite Friends.
- Create a Welcome Post.
Once you complete all the 13 steps, you’r ready to publish your page!
Let’s continue with this Facebook Business Page tutorial and find out how.
Read more: Google Sites Tutorial for Beginners
Step 7: Publish Your Facebook Business Page
When you’re ready to go live, complete the following steps.
- Locate and select ‘Settings’ on the navigation menu.
- Under ‘Page Visibility, select ‘Page published’ and hit ‘Save changes’
It’s that simple!
Here’s what you can do next:
- Start publishing your posts.
These could be posts in the form of videos, infographics, articles, or other types of content.
- Send, view, and manage your messages (via Messenger) under ‘Inbox’ on the navigation menu.
- Alternatively, head over to Messenger from the upper-right corner.
That will display both your personal profile and business messages.
Notice the menu navigation below your profile picture?
To change the navigation section:
- Click ‘More’.
- Select the ‘Edit tabs’ option.
- Rearrange or enable/disable the navigation tabs.
You can bring revert back to the original default settings by clicking ‘Reset to Default’.
- Navigate back to your business page.
- Select ‘Insights’ from the left-hand side menu.
Here you can view basic analytics such as page followers, post engagement, story reach, post reach, page views, and more.
Create Facebook Business Page in 2022 (Video Tutorial)
You’re now ready to establish and supercharge your online presence with a Facebook Business Page!
Check out our complete Facebook business page video tutorial down below, if you prefer to watch rather than read: