How do you add a video to your Shopify home page?
If you’re looking for a way to capture attention, inject engaging content into your store, and sell more products, you should consider adding a video to your Shopify homepage.
With a well-crafted video, you can highlight your products or services in action, provide insightful how-to guides, or simply add an eye-catching visual component to your page.
How to Add a Video to Shopify Home Page
So, how exactly do you add a video to your Shopify homepage?
I will walk you through two effortless methods – the first using YouTube and the second using the built-in video function on Shopify.
Are you ready to captivate your audience and take your Shopify store to the next level?
It’s important to mention that not all Shopify themes support Shopify-hosted videos. I suggest checking to see if your theme is compatible before getting started.
The first method involves uploading your video to YouTube and then adding it to your online store:
Follow the steps below to find out how:
- Create your video, then upload it to YouTube.
- Set the visibility to ‘Unlisted.’
- Log into your Shopify admin.
- Click ‘Online Store > Themes on the left-hand side.
- Select ‘Customize’ on your current theme.
- Click the ‘Add section’ on the left side of your theme.
- Scroll down and select ‘Video’. The video section should appear at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the video section you just added.
- Add the URL of your YouTube video under ‘Or embed video from URL.’
- Adjust your video settings according to your preferences.
- Select ‘Save’.
Read more: Shopify vs WooCommerce.
The next method will show you how to add a video to your Shopify homepage without using YouTube:
- Go to your Shopify admin.
- Click ‘Content >Files > Upload Files’.
- Select the video file you want to add to your Shopify homepage.
- Next, select ‘Online Store > Themes’ on the left-hand sidebar.
- Click ‘Customize’ on your current theme.
- Select ‘Add section’ on the left-hand side of the theme editor.
- Select ‘Video’ to add a video section.
- Click the video section you just added in.
- Click ‘Select Video’ under ‘Video’ on the left-hand side and choose the video you added earlier.
- Adjust your video settings.
- Click ‘Save’.
Read more: Ecwid vs Shopify – Which Is Best For You?
How to Customize Your Shopify Homepage Video Settings
Once you’ve uploaded your video to your Shopify homepage, you can customize your new video section.
You can do the following:
- Change/delete the heading of your video.
- Alter the size of your video.
- Tick or untick ‘Play video on loop’
- Select a cover image.
- Add an alt text.
- Change the background color scheme.
- Alter the padding settings or page width.
- Write custom CSS.
- Or delete the section.
My Final Thoughts
That is how easy it is to add a video to your Shopify homepage!
Videos are an incredible way to grab your visitors’ attention from the get-go.
However, whether you embed your video using YouTube or upload it yourself, always remember to make sure you upload a high-quality video relevant to your store.
Additionally, ensure your video is short, snappy, and concise. After all, no one wants to listen to a long and dull video!
And with that said, you now have all the tools needed to create compelling videos for your Shopify store.
Let me know if you have any questions below!