If you’re looking to build a sleek-looking professional website without prior coding experience, then you have two of the best website builders out there to leverage, namely, Wix and Squarespace.
In this comparison guide, we’re going to cover the pros and cons of each website builder software.
We’ll break down key features that you need to consider before making a decision.
This Wix vs Squarespace guide will also list the type of businesses and websites that best work with these popular website builders.
Which is the Best Website Builder? Wix or Squarespace?
Let’s understand which website builder software is best for your small business requirements.
Pros and Cons of Using Wix
Listed below are the benefits of using the Wix website builder:
- By answering a few questions on your website and business requirements, you can leverage the Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) feature of Wix to automatically create a website. Based on your answers, Wix ADI will create a customized website for you. For those who want to quickly create and make their website live, this is a fantastic option!
- You have the option to build using the Wix ADI Builder or you can use the Wix Editor (more advanced visual drag and drop page builder).
- Wix has a free plan to get you started with an option to upgrade at any time. The most popular plan starts at $12 a month (This removes the Wix branding from your website).
- Choose from over 500 premade website templates to customize the way that you like rather than starting from scratch.
- Extremely user-friendly drag-and-drop visual builder. Using the visual builder, you can easily change/add elements (buttons, images, text, videos, bookings, etc.) to your website.
- Simple app integrations that do not require any coding.
Now, let’s look at some of the cons of using the Wix website builder:
- Wix branded advertisement on your website (the free version of Wix), which makes it look very unprofessional.
- No design structure may inadvertently lead to a strange-looking and unresponsive website (This is if you use the Wix editor to build your website pages).
- Difficult mobile building experience. It can take some time to fix it the way that you like and make all the elements responsive on both desktop and mobile.
To get started with Wix, check out this tutorial that guides you through building a website using this website builder software.
Also Read: Wix vs WordPress
Pros and Cons of Using Squarespace
Compared to Wix, Squarespace is a more up-market website builder, with a more professional and elegant feel.
Below are the advantages of building your website with Squarespace:
- Stunning website templates to choose from.
- A structured website builder. It’s very hard to go wrong when building your website with
- Easy to use for beginners, thanks to its user-friendly backend and structure page
- A great option for eCommerce websites especially if you are completely new to selling online.
- Easy customization options with emails and invoices.
- Simple and easy-to-navigate product pages.
Due to the elegance of Squarespace, we’d recommend building blogs with this website builder.
The disadvantages are:
- Squarespace does not offer a free subscription (but they do offer a 14-day free trial to encourage you to get started. Prices start at $18 a month for a comprehensive plan.
- Limited app integrations and functionality.
- Advanced or more custom website modifications and changes require coding.
Also Read: PROS & CONS of Website Builders
Which One is Better?
Personally, we believe the Wix website builder is ideal for service-based businesses and local businesses such as cafes and restaurants.
On the other hand, Squarespace is perfect for eCommerce and blogging websites.
For local businesses, Squarespace is considerably more expensive and has limited integrations compared to Wix.
Both are fantastic website builders for small businesses.
However, if you’re a complete beginner, we suggest you get started with Wix’s free plan using their ADI technology.
Disclosure: Some of these links on this page are affiliate links, meaning we will get a commission if you buy through them, this helps support our education-based platform and we thank you in advance.
Feel free to watch our comprehensive video guide below breaking down Wix Vs Squarespace. Enjoy building your own website!