Did you know a large part of your audience has and uses the popular social media platform TikTok?
We’re going to show you how your business can leverage this ever-growing platform to reach millions of people with your product or service!
How to Install TikTok Pixel on Shopify?
In this brief TikTok pixel tutorial for beginners, you’ll discover how to install TikTok pixel on your Shopify store.
Firstly, if you don’t already have a TikTok business account, you’ll need to create one before you can install TikTok pixel.
What is TikTok for Business?
TikTok For Business is a platform within the social media application TikTok that caters for business accounts as opposed to personal accounts.
Businesses are able to post specific business related content to their brand for marketing and advertising purposes – and it can be done for free!
This is the perfect opportunity for small businesses to increase both brand awareness and engagement with their target audience.
How to get started with TikTok Pixel
After completing the initial setup, you’ll arrive at your TikTok business dashboard.
If you’re completely new to TikTok ads, we recommend watching this beginner’s tutorial for those looking for guidance on creating their first TikTok ad.
Next, follow the steps below for the TikTok pixel installation process:
- Navigate up to ‘Assets’ at the top of your dashboard.
- To access the TikTok pixel, click ‘Event’.
- Under Website Pixel, select ‘Manage’.
- Click ‘Create Pixel’.
- Add your pixel name (name of your Shopify store/business name).
You now have two options:
- Install the TikTok pixel code manually – (ideal for a WordPress website, which would probably need the help of a developer).
- Use a third-party tool to install the code.
Since we’re learning how to install TikTok pixel on Shopify, we’ll use the third-party route.
- Select this option and click ‘Next’.
- You’ll be asked to choose a partner.
- Select Shopify and click ‘Next’ again.
You’ll now need to log in to your Shopify store.
Read more: Best website builders for online stores
Once you’ve logged into your Shopify store:
- Navigate over to ‘Apps’ on the left-hand side menu.
- Click ‘Customize your store’ in the top-right corner.
- In the search bar, type TikTok.
- Locate and click the app by TikTok Inc.
- Point your cursor to ‘Add app’ and click again.
- Select ‘Add sales channel’ in the bottom-right corner.
- At the top, you’ll find ‘TikTok Marketing’.
- Click ‘Set up Now’.
- Hit ‘Connect’.
Make sure the correct TikTok For Business account is selected (you can verify that through your dashboard.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Then ‘Continue’ again.
- Under ‘Data Sharing’, choose ‘Enhanced’.
This determines what kind of data is generated about your visitors.
- Click ‘Learn More’ to explore more about data sharing.
Make sure that your Shopify store is selected.
- Select ‘Connect’.
- Click ‘Confirm’.
- You’ll then be asked to add a payment balance.
To do that:
- You’ll need to head back to the TikTok Ads Manager.
- Go ahead and add your payment method.
- Now, add an amount that you want to spend on your TikTok ads.
For this TikTok pixel tutorial, we’ll add $15 (NZD).
You can always update your payment options and add more money by:
- Clicking your profile on the top-right.
- Selecting ‘Payment’ from the drop-down.
After adding the payment balance:
- Head back to your Shopify account and refresh the page.
- You’ll notice that your payment section has been completed.
- Click ‘Finish Setup’.
You’re now ready to kick-start your campaign and grow your business on TikTok!
Once you’ve done this:
- Head back to your TikTok For Business pixel setup.
- Click “I’ve set up a pixel on Shopify”.
Your TikTok pixel installation is now complete!
Now you’re able to start analyzing your pixel data (events such as complete payment, complete registration, add to cart, view content, add payment info, and more).
How do you make sure that the pixel is working correctly?
Keep reading to find out how!
Read more: How to Install Facebook Pixel to Shopify
How to Install TikTok Pixel Helper?
To ensure that the TikTok pixel is working correctly, you’ll need to install the TikTok pixel helper.
For that, you’ll need to:
- Head back to your Shopify store.
- Add a chrome extension called ‘TikTok Pixel Helper’.
- Reload your live Shopify store.
- Navigate through your website pages.
- Click on the extension that you’ve just downloaded.
- You’ll notice the ‘Page View’ event in it.
This confirms that the TikTok pixel is working perfectly with your Shopify store!
If you can, verify the same for different events like adding products to the cart, checking out the content, etc.
Read More: How to Advertise on TikTok
TikTok Pixel Tutorial (Video Guide)
And that wraps up our TikTok pixel tutorial!
However, if you’re a beginner and you’re after a visual demonstration, watch our step-by-step video tutorial that will guide you through the TikTok Pixel Installation.