A large part of your audience will likely use TikTok.
Why not leverage this ever-growing platform to reach millions of people with your product or service?
TikTok For Business allows you to install a pixel on your website that helps you track and analyze specific events like conversions happening on your website.
In this brief TikTok pixel tutorial for beginners, you’ll discover how to install TikTok pixel on your Shopify store.
How to Install TikTok Pixel on Shopify?
You’d need to create an account if you haven’t already before you install the TikTok pixel.
After completing the initial setup, you’ll arrive at your TikTok For Business dashboard.
If you’re completely new to TikTok ads, we recommend watching this beginner’s tutorial for those looking for guidance on creating their first TikTok ad.
Next, follow these steps below for the TikTok pixel installation:
- Navigate up to ‘Assets’ at the top of your dashboard
- To access the TikTok pixel, click ‘Event’
- Under Website Pixel, select ‘Manage’
- Click ‘Create Pixel’
- Add your pixel name (name of your Shopify store/business name)
You now have two options:
- Install the TikTok pixel code manually – ideal for WordPress website, which would probably need the help of a developer
- Use a third-party tool to install the code – since we’re learning how to install TikTok pixel on Shopify, we’ll use the third-party route. Select it and hit ‘Next’.
You’ll be asked to choose a partner.
Select Shopify and hit ‘Next’ again.
You’ll now need to log in to your Shopify store.
Once you do that:
- Navigate over to ‘Apps’ on the left-hand side menu
- Click ‘Customize your store’ in the top-right corner
- In the search bar, type TikTok
- Locate the app by TikTok Inc. and click on it
- Point your cursor to ‘Add app’ and click again
- Select ‘Add sales channel’ in the bottom-right corner
- At the top, you’ll find ‘TikTok Marketing’. Click ‘Set up Now’
- Hit ‘Connect’
- Make sure the correct TikTok For Business account is selected (you can verify that through your dashboard. Click ‘Continue’ and then ‘Continue’ again.
- Under ‘Data Sharing’, choose ‘Enhanced’. This determines what kind of data is generated about your visitors. Click ‘Learn More’ to explore more about data sharing
- Make sure that your Shopify store is selected before hitting ‘Connect’
- Click ‘Confirm’
You’ll now be asked to add a payment balance.
To do that, you’ll need to head back to the TikTok Ads Manager.
Go ahead and add your payment method.
Now, add an amount that you want to spend on your TikTok ads.
For this TikTok pixel tutorial, we’ll add $15 (NZD).
You can always update your payment options and add more money by clicking your profile on the top-right and selecting ‘Payment’ from the drop-down.
After adding the payment balance:
- Head back to your Shopify account and refresh the page
- You’ll notice that your payment section has been completed
- Click ‘Finish Setup’
You’re now ready to kick-start your campaign and grow your business on TikTok.
Now, head back to your TikTok For Business pixel setup, and click “I’ve set up a pixel on Shopify”.
Your TikTok pixel installation is now complete!
Start analyzing your pixel data – events such as complete payment, complete registration, add to cart, view content, add payment info, and more.
Now how do you make sure that the pixel is working correctly? Keep reading!
How to Install TikTok Pixel Helper?
To ensure that the TikTok pixel is working correctly, you’d need to install the TikTok pixel helper.
For that, you need to:
- Head back to your Shopify store
- Add a chrome extension called ‘TikTok Pixel Helper’
- Reload your live Shopify store and navigate through your website pages
- Click on the extension that you’ve just downloaded and you’ll notice the ‘Page View’ event in it.
This confirms that the TikTok pixel is working perfectly with your Shopify store.
If you can, verify the same for different events like adding products to the cart, checking out the content, etc.
Read More: How to Advertise on TikTok
TikTok pixel tutorial for Beginners
And this wraps up our TikTok pixel tutorial!
However, if you are a beginner and want to have a visual demonstration, then we have a step-by-step video tutorial that will guide you through the TikTok Pixel Installation.